The Recreation Ground was gifted to the Parish Council by Annie Esther Chatterton, nee Scrimgeour, on 23 June 1948.
It is run as a charity (No. 305428) and all members of the Parish Council are trustees. The Charity Commission Annual Return can be seen at ?
Parish organisations are welcome to use the Ground for fund-raising events on application to the Clerk of the Parish Council.
There is a requirement to fill in a risk assessment form for the event and to make sure it is covered by public liability insurance.
The Ground has also been used for the Squirrels sports days, applications for which should also be made the Clerk of the Parish Council.
Under the terms of the conveyance, no house building or other erection should be put on the land except a pavilion summer house and under no circumstances should the land be used for the sale of intoxicating drinks.
There is a children’s play area in the Ground as well as a bandstand which was built as a shelter for young people.